Jabulani (a Zulu word - meaning to celebrate)

Jabulani (a Zulu word - meaning to celebrate)

Thursday 21 June 2012

Tisdag saker - Thursday stuff


Lovely!


Traumerei Restaraunt, Franschoek

My mom at Traumerei Restaraunt. Franschoek Today
Out of my car window today!

extract From the cat's little Instruction Book
Hi all!  How has your Tuesday been?

It has been a typical Cape winter day, today, cold and raining!

Mom, Marti and I went to Franschoek today.  We were going to go to a restaurant recommended to me by my friend Brenda, over lunch at Doodles yesterday, Babylon Storen, we never went there in the end, they have a R10 entrance fee per person, just to enter their Winefarm.  What a liberty!  So you lost out on 3 lunch guests who went to Traumerei Restaurant in Franschoek instead.  So  overcharge, and loose out on revenue!

The food at Traumerei was excellent and they had a wonderful atmosphere in the retaurant today, it was cold and wet outside but they had a roaring fire blazing inside at the fireplace, very cozy.  It felt like a European Cafe, and I guess it is run by Germans or Austrians from the Restaurant's name?!?  Good coffee and food,  I had a Chicken Tramezini and it was a generous portion that they served, I am having 1 tramezini for my super, as there were 3 of them on my plate and I was very full after 2 of them, "I had the elegance of sufficiency!"  No need to look it up, this saying means you have dined, enjoyed and are full!

Romeo, next door's cat, was in our house when we got home, about four or five hours after we had left for the Winelands this morning.  He was not in the house when we left, is he magician cat?  There was only my bathroom window, which was open a small amount, which he must have entered through.

According to last nights news, South Africa is one of the most unhappiest countries in the world, according to an international survey!  We have sunshine folks, most of the time, so why are you all unhappy?  We have 11 official languages, 9 provinces and a goodish interest rate, if you have money in a bank account. So cheer up my fellow country men?!?

Unfortunately that is all from me, for today's blog postings folks!  Have a great day further!

Ciao
DAVE


No comments:

Post a Comment